Friday 21 December 2007

Farewell Ebrahim,farewell

Dearest darling Ebrahim,
Why? Why Ebrahim Why ? Couldn't you have waited a little longer. Did the world fall short of space for you? Or were you too incomprehensible for this universe? Maybe the latter.

My heart is still bleeding...it only cries Ebrahim ...searching for you. Come back sweetheart,come back.
You always wanted the world to remember you as 'somebody who not just lived, but showed the real way to live'. Now what does the world have to remember?

The Silence is eating onto me. When they said you died-I called you up, again and again. Wanted to hear you chuckle in that infamous way, saying, "Caught ya." Couldn't this have been one of your pranks? My folks remember you as the prankster. My ma cried like my daughter for you.

What am i supposed to do with all the times we shared Ebrahim? The hours of non-sense chit-chat, your sexcapdes, your girlfriends, your life, your misery?You gave me my first bike ride. You took me out on my first car drive. You gave me my first designer perfume. Not a single birthday of mine have you missed. Now who do I count on to surprise me? We have spent drunk moments on Worli sea face talking of OSHO. Shee!You loved that sick bastard and his fuck all philosophies,but i heard them all for you. I tried and played my part. Or not? How do i even know that,now that yr not here.
When they said you killed yourself,my world stopped. it felt like someone cut off my hands.

I wish you could have seen your mother in her misery-yelling and crying out to Allah to give her her piece of her heart back and she would ask no more- or your sister who kept saying "Bhai, bhai" in her stupor.
What have you left each of us with Ebrahim? We don't want it, we want YOU.

You left your story incomplete pal. Its time for us to pen down the rest.

It takes a lot to choose to be different and you had the courage. You were never a victim of religious banterings,n all friends knew that. You had a heart, only a few knew before knowing you as 'the brat'. You would give a hand and a leg for your mother and sister,they meant the world to you. You always brought a smile onto a wrinkled face, remembered the forgotten people. You cared, my friend, you did. And you did not let anyone know,thats what made you a great guy.

I shall never know the answers to why you hanged yourself. But I do know that I will always miss you. That it will be very hard to make a trip to Pune, when I could not have done it for you. That I forgave you years ago for acting stupid with me.

You're free Ebrahim ,free from all bondage. Sing a song with the angels and tell me which one you liked the most*winks. I'll wait for your call....Farewell

Yours,

Sexy Irene a.k.a Moti

5 comments:

iron_maiden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iron_maiden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iron_maiden said...

Hello,
Cheer up! The only two frail words I could think of at this momment.
I dont know u neither do I know Ebrahim. But your painful expression of grief prompted me to search the net for the story of his death- I dont know why but i felt deeply unruffled after I read the TOI article.I wish a life as beautiful and cheerful as his would not have been altered. May be it was peer pressure or anything else for that matter that culminated in this reckless decision. I just wish he had spoken aboout his thoughts to some1--averting these circumstances....But wishes are the only thing I can hope for now. I hope we could be able to talk people like Ebrahim out of their depression and give them the life-blood of optimism. I feel sorry for those that are left behind--after your gone Ebrahim...I wish you rest in peace

Princess Warrior said...

hey
i din knw his death ws reported in the news....neways,i hope he rests in peace.abt speaking to ne one abt his depression-well he did pour it all out to me a mth b4 he took this drastic step.bt i tot it ws the usual exam depression.
so nw im doubly troubled frm within,i wish i din tk it dat easy...
thx gurl,i guess only time will heal the scars...u tc

CRD said...

sad..but isnt it true that we value a person only after hes gone..im not saying its true in ur case...just in general.

keep writing
btw id like to invite u to join an orkut community ive made for bloggers..

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=51446226

join this new blogger community.

atleast have a look

ciao